Friday, September 23, 2011

What's the best dog carrier for an american eskimo?

I wanted a carrier, either rolling or like a duffel bag that I can take my 20 lb american eskimo with me on trains and stuff. All the cute bags cater to super small dogs. The other ones that fit my dog aren't easy to travel with.|||http://www.sherpapet.com/products/index.鈥?/a>


Sherpas are sturdy,not cute,airline approved and have rolling bags|||I have a bag called "Sturdi-Bag" that comes in a number of sizes. Check it out on the web. It's the very best, IMO, because of the way it's constructed. It's also very lightweight.





And, if you happen to live in the US and not Europe, sorry to burst your bubble, but you can't take a dog on a train in the US. Other public transportation, yes, but not Amtrak.|||For the purpose of travel, I wouldnt bother with the soft-sided crates.. many public transportations do not allow for dogs to be transported in the soft crates.





Many of those "cute" bags are not actually appropriate for public transit either.. most of them are NOT airline approved.. they are for little paris hilton wanna-bes to shove their little dogs in and try to sneak them into wal-mart.





I reccommend you seek a solid-sided crate... such as a pet-mate vari-kennel..








you can also get a kit like this to put wheels and a handle on the crate..


http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/pr鈥?/a>











The only passenger train here in the US that I know of is Amtrak, which does not allow pets.. the only bus line that I know of is Greyhound, which also does not allow pets.. only some airlines allow pets.. and a 20 pound dog would be too big for carry on standards, so he would have to ride in cargo.. which would require a solid crate, not a soft-sided one.|||Sherpa Ultimates are good. The large size can carry up to 22 lbs. At least worth a look.

1 comment:

  1. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. Dog Carrier Backpacks

    ReplyDelete