Friday, September 23, 2011

What would be the best carrier for an older baby?

My baby is 17 lbs Baby Bjorn is up to 22lbs. I want a front carrier and one that is not too bulky, and I do not want a sling. I was hoping for one that would last her at least until 30lbs? I am not sure if this is possible. Thanks.|||I like both the Ergo and my Baby Hawk mei tai. You can wear them on either the front of the back. When they are bigger it is really nice to wear them on your back! I also like my sling for wearing him on my hip.





The Ergo is quick and easy, and outdoorsy enough that my husband will wear it.





The mei tai is more comfortable on the front than the Ergo, but takes a bit more to get on and off because of the long straps. But they are REALLY gorgous, and you can pick from all kinds of nice fabric. You can make them reversable, etc.





Congrats on graduating carriers! They can be expensive, but it's totally worth it. You don't think twice about $100 for a stroller, but $70 for a carrier seems like a lot. It's really not, when you consider how much use you get out of it.|||Walmart has the ones where you can carry them on your hips, but my massage therapist told me to not use it because I have bad neck and upper back problems from being rear-ended several years ago. They are about $40|||http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?鈥?/a> if this link doesn't work it was too Babies R Us...I didn't look in depth but I saw a few that might work. I also just clicked on one of the pics and saw different people's comments on the item|||I'd go with either a mei tai or a moby wrap (neither are technically slings). I love my moby wrap for my 2 year old. I could wear her in it when I was pregnant even!|||Any particular reason you don't want a sling?


I found slings very easy to use and much more versatile than a front carrier.


They can usually be used with much bigger babies too.


They aren't hard on your back if you use them right.|||try a mei tai hip carrier.|||Try the ERGO carrier--much better for the babies and better for your back...only drawback is, the baby can't face out--only options are facing you, on your hip, or on your back, and I think it goes up to 50 lbs!|||Try an Ergo or a Sutemi.

No comments:

Post a Comment