Friday, September 23, 2011

What type of fabric would you use to make a baby wrap carrier?

Just wondering what type of fabric is used to make your own baby wrap carrier? Do they require sewing?|||Any fabric that does not stretch much will work. I tend to use jersey fabric as it is soft and can be dyed lots of colors (comes in lots of nice colors too). Lighter fabrics in summer, heavier in winter.





I did once use a silk/hemp blend when I needed a wrap carrier during a formal event (Yes, I brought my newborn and it won me great praise in my career- go figure).





They do not need sewing other than edging, for the most part. There are a few ways of using them to wrap that require a sew-in pocket but I simply do not trust those in the least. I use wrap carriers because I know there is no chance a ring or seem will end up coming undone and my baby being dropped!|||http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/



This site is a great resource for making your own sling...even the type of fabric you need. Ideally you want something heavy like light weight upholstery fabric.



http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/fab鈥?/a>



The sewing totally depends on the type of carrier. Jan Andrea actually has a no sew ring sling pattern, if sewing does not suit you =)|||I would suggest a plushy cotton blanket. Make sure it is not rough in any way, and big enough too. You should be able to find some at baby stores, and it shouldn't require sewing unless you want to make your own homemade blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment