Friday, September 23, 2011

What baby carrier will not cause lower back pain?

I have been using the baby bjorn carrier and my lower back is so sore it hurts to stand up. It is a old bjorn model but even the newer models with back support may fall short for what I need. What baby carrier doesn't cause lower back pain?|||I've yet to have a problem with the Ergo carrier. My daughter is 24lbs about, my son is about 13lbs, I carry him around a lot and don't run into lower-back pain. It goes up to 40lbs.





Add: I want to add, my husband runs a sale-pitch whenever anyone asks him about it. He LOVES it and swears by it. And I have carried our 2 year old around in it and had no problems. Mind you... I had a c-section and had no problem carrying her in it at 2 months after.|||I registered for and finally bought for myself the Baby Bjorn carrier. I really like this carrier. With a unhealthy back again, I come across the lumbar assistance extremely valuable. I do have to tighten it up, but is far from chopping off my breathing. My tiny lady loves riding in it too. She normally falls asleep inside of minutes of me putting her in it.





Try to check this out : http://www.babibjornactive.com|||It depends. I have a herniated disc at L5, and I do have back pain after about a half an hour with any carrier. I use an Ergo because it causes the least amount of pain. That said, if you don't have a herniated disc, I would imagine that it would be fine for you. Ergo is the shortened term for ergonomically correct, hence why it would be perfect for your back. But, for me, the strap hits right at my herniated disc and puts pressure right there. Again, if you don't have that issue, you'll be fine. If you do have that issue, then you aren't going to find a carrier that's going to be perfect.|||The Bjorns are notorious for back pain.





I've heard great things about the Ergo. My husband used a Beco Butterfly II and loved it, and I swear by the BabyHawk Mei Tai. I rarely wear my toddler anymore, but the last time I did, she was about 21 pounds, and I could wear her for hours with no discomfort in the Mei Tai. I'm only 5' tall and it was still comfortable for me.|||I'll chime in for the ergo, too. I can wear my 18lb baby for hours in it. It has a high resale value, so you can always put it on craigslist.|||I have an Ergo and have never had any back pain with it. I've never used a Bjorn so I can't compare, but I do love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment