Friday, September 23, 2011

What is the most comfortable baby carrier?

Baby wearers: What carrier/sling do you like the best, how easy to use is it, and how much did you pay for it? Thanks!





I'm currently considering the maya wrap and mobi wrap.|||My two favorites:





1) The Maya Wrap Ring Sling. This one I got when my daughter was about a year old, and it was STILL so useful. It was the easiest thing to breastfeed her in on-the-go. Unlike a pouch sling, the ring sling adjusts to you and your baby until it fits like a glove. It also offers different position possibilities over a mere pouch, especially when you are talking about an infant. It is worth the money. The fabric on this particular brand is perfect. It doesn't slip through the rings and is very secure. Also, there is a nifty little pocket on the tail for your keys, a diaper, etc. Plus, the tail makes a good nursing cover, if you are so inclined to use it. It's also a good way to shield baby's eyes from the light if they are trying to nap. They come in so many beautiful colors too! It's pretty easy to use, and if you leave it threaded between uses, the hardest part is behind you after the first time. Check this out, you can get one for $39.99 gently used in the outlet! (See sources.) My only complaint is that if you are wearing this for hours at a time, your shoulder will get tired and you'll need to switch to the other one, which brings me to #2...





2) The Moby Wrap. This thing is so cozy! I just loved how it felt having my daughter wrapped up against me. She loved to nap in it, and the fabric is so soft, yet supportive. I recently bought a Storchenwiege wrap, which I think would be better for heavier babies, but the Moby is awesome. It cost me $40. This looks beautiful on. It's not as hard as it looks to learn, and you can find video instructions on YouTube. Once you put it on, if you are driving several different places you can leave the wrap on you and just take your baby in and out of it to save time.





Other favorites: Ergo (to share with dad), EllaRoo (sooo supportive and comfy; a little aggravating to get on), hotsling (easy to learn for a first-timer, easy to run in and out of a store), Storchenwiege (expensive but so beautiful!)





Good luck!|||I have one of both styles, but I made both of mine. The moby wrap style (I actually patterned it after the sleepy wrap) cost me $6 to make two. I bought six yards of $1 light t-shirt type material and cut it in half the long way (Yes, it is really that easy!). I gave one to a friend (a nice gift that cost me $3 and she thought was great....lol) and kept one. I also made my ring sling. The rings cost me $7 (including shipping from www.slingrings.com) and the fabric cost me $9. So less than $20 for my ring sling. I now make the ring slings to sell here in my town. Trying to promote baby wearing here, so I sell them cheap!!





Anyway, I prefer the moby type wrap when they are little and the maya type wrap when they are bigger. I have a 28 lb 21 month old son whom I still wear (when he will let me. I prefer to wear him so he doesn't tear down the stores we visit!!) and I am 4 months pregnant. They both have their uses and I really recommend both! If you have any kind of sewing skill at all I would say make them instead!!|||http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2266783%26amp;CAWELAID=107511262





i have tried many and i absolutley love this one. Many people in the reviews say it is confusing.......yeah if you are a complete moron. it comes with a dvd on how to wear it many different ways. it is wahable, comfortable and actually supports your back. not to mention it's a great price|||A lot of people don't like the mobi wrap, they find it too stretchy.





You can make your own wrap. Making a couple out of really cheap fabric that you don't even have bother sewing because they are just testers can help you discover what kind of fabric you want.|||I'm using the peanut shell sling and I like it but it is a little hard for me to get the baby in and out. I paid $40.00 for it.|||Take a look at The Cuddly Wrap and My Baby Nest. Both are versatile, very easy to use and are multi-positional|||Ergo-Baby!!! 100% best investment. Easy on my back, and baby loves it. It was a little over $100, so kinda pricey, but WORTH it!! And it'll carry up to 40lbs.|||the one's from wal-mart...i don't know why..."can you pick me for best answer please?"

No comments:

Post a Comment