Sunday, September 18, 2011

Who has the most carrier landings ever in the United States Navy?

Or if that is a hard fact to find, how many carrier landings does the average pilot retire with?|||I could not find an exact answer to your question. I have seen stories in Naval Aviation magazine about pilots who have retired with 1,500+ carrier landings. On an average cruise a pilot rarely gets more than 125 traps. This guy had to spend a lot of time at sea, plus he worked at Pax River in the test section for carrier suitability. He did a zillion (an estimate) traps doing tests which ran his total a long way above normal. Most pilots will retire with about 600 traps. I have 265 traps, 230 day traps and 35 night traps.|||First question is what do you need to know? You are talking attested landings. What era because things have changed. No longer have barriers. Landings would be logged per cruise but the ongoing individual record would be up to the individual. Unless it's Madoo in which case Aerofag would have a record.



Ben Blew it our cuz traps more important than hours|||I have seen as many as 100+ landings in one training mission done by one aircraft. Nobody keeps track of this for more than one year.





They keep track of flying hours, not landings unless they are in upgrade training.





Sorry.|||Capt. Dale "Snort" Snodgrass, USN (ret.); at least according to him.|||I've made the most landings; at night with my WHISP-AIRE homebuilt. It's extremely quiet and I come in under their radar. The Navy doesn't know a thing about it but I have at least 850 landings.





I leave a small check mark under the lip of the fantail before I take off again.

No comments:

Post a Comment