Friday, September 23, 2011

Can you use a cat carrier to bring a rabbit to the vet?

I already have cat carrier and I'm planning on getting a rabbit this summer, but I really want to plan well ahead for it. It's not too large or small for a rabbit, in my opinion, but I'd like to hear from others. Particularly from those who have rabbits or bunnies themselves. Thanks.|||I have a rabbit and 2 cats and I do use the cat carrier for the rabbit. I have a large hutch and keep my rabbit outdoors in the spring and summer but in the winter his cage is a little small a great investment I made was getting a ferret play pen the rabbit loves getting to run freely and I don't have to worry about him getting under furniture. Good luck with the new rabbit you get we all enjoy and love ours.|||Sounds great that you are planning, Yes I take rabbits to shows in carriers all the time. cat and dog carriers work great , I have big rabbits and a small dog carrier works. Depending on the size of rabbit your getting, just adjust accordingly. Good thinking|||Sure that is a really good idea. Cat carriers and dog carriers both work awesomely. If the bottom of inside the carrier isn't already soft, put a nice blanket on the bottom or something. But that is still okay. Perfect, don't worry about it.|||I work at a vet and one of our clients has a bunny named Ralphie he is so cute. Anyway when they bring him in to board him they bring him in a cat carrier and he does just fine.|||I've had rabbits for years....SMART MOVE...The cat carrier is a great way to go..Just make sure you have lots of newspaper lining the bottom|||yes, it works just fine as long as the bunny has enough room in the cage.|||if it fits

No comments:

Post a Comment