Friday, September 23, 2011

What is a good baby carrier for an older baby?

My daughter is 8 months old and she is a skinny little thing, she is almost 17 pounds. I have a Maya Tie baby carrier and I hate it. I need something that doesnt tie up, or wrap around and isn't difficult to put on.. But something good!!! Also something in a reasonable price range!|||I love my Ergo carrier. http://www.shoppergems.com/goto/ergo





It's very easy to put on (though granted it's easier to put on in the front carry than the back carry - but that's true for all carriers). First, I put it on around my waist; it just snaps into place. Then I hold my daughter in front (or have her get on my back - either with someone else's help, or I'll have her stand on the bed and climb up on my back) then put my arms through the straps. Last, I snap a second buckle, which is very easy for both front and back carry. If I'm carrying my daughter on my back, the second snap is in front; if we're going a front carry, the snap is easier than fastening a bra. For the front carry, I can get my daughter in within 30 seconds, no sweat.





I find it very comfortable to use; the waist and arm straps are wide and padded. My daughter also likes it and feels comfortable. She's 5 now, and we actually still use it on certain occasions (she's a peanut - at 35 pounds it's still very easy to carry her).





There is an attached hood that I never used, so I just cut it off.





I would say that the Ergo and the Mei Tai are the best carriers you can buy - but they are different. You tried the best wrap. It sounds like a soft structured carrier will be easier for you since it just buckles right into place, and the Ergo is by far the best. It comes in different colors (my link above is for the color I have) and the price is similar t the Mei Tai.|||Mei tais and moby wraps are about the cheapest of the decent carriers- if you want something without ties or wraps you'll need to fork over the money for an ergo.|||GRACO|||I like my Ergo.

No comments:

Post a Comment