Sunday, September 18, 2011

How do you get an angry cat into a cat carrier?

I'm trying to put a friend's cat into the cat carrier but every time I get near the cat, she hisses, growls or swats at me. What should I do?|||LOL I have great sympathy for you! Been there, done that, got my T-shirt shredded! :-))





There are two methods.





The first involves two people. FIRST, pick up the cat, get a good grip on her. If she is hissing, growling, and swatting, throw a blanket or large towel over her, then grab her. Second, get the cat carrier. Have one person hold the cat carrier firmly, so the opening (entrance) is up. The person holding the cat then drops her, TAIL FIRST into the cat carrier. Close the door QUICKLY and latch it.





The second method can be accomplished by one person alone.


FIRST pick up the cat. Same advice on throwing a towel or blanket over her. Hold her firmly. Second, get a bath towel, and wrap her in it, tightly, so that only her head sticks out. Lay the towel on the floor, put the cat on the towel, and firmly and quickly wrap her up. Wrap her like a mummy. Then drop the cat/mummy into the cat carrier, shut the door QUICKLY, and latch it. The cat will unwrap herself very swiftly, once you let her go, never fear! She will also have a towel in the carrier to lay on.





This is not mean or cruel, and your cat will not hate you!





I have four cats, and whenever I want to give them medicine, or clip their nails, I wrap them. The two females protest the most fiercely, and they love me still.





They still love me, follow me from room to room, lay on me, lick me, climb or jump into my lap, etc.





Think what a mother cat does when she wants a kitten to lay down, or stop bothering her: Whap! She pins her baby with her paw, and holds it down!





I grab my cats and put them in the cat carrier whenever a trip to the vet is required. They still love me.|||Good f***in luck!|||Put a can of tuna or cat food in the carrier. Cats never say no to tuna.|||Get a new friend|||Lure it in with its favorite treat.|||Just put like a can of cat food in the back of the carrier and then wait and he will eventully go in.Trust me I know a whole lot about cats...|||try cat nip or some type of cat treat to coax the cat inside the crate|||Well first of all the cat is scared. Try and calm it down. Offer it some meat as a peace offering. If it just really does not like you and nothing you do calms it down leave a trail of turkey or fish from near where it is all the way inside the cat carrier. It will be a slow process but eventually will get inside.


Good luck!|||put treats in the carrier|||have on something with thick sleeves... or even gloves or something, and then just pick it up and put it in. If it just won't go in, then put the carrier at the end of a table or something and bring the cat up to the opening, and it won't be able to go anywhere else, so it should go in. Hope that works.|||put the kitty litter in the carrier.|||Get a pillowcase. Throw pillowcase over the cat to scoop him up. Shove cat into carrier. Pull pillowcase off of cat.|||Put some thick-work gloves on and then grab her, it


will work.|||trow a big towel over them, and try to put it then in the cage...|||Try to use a towel to scoop it up.





She was probably traumatized in one before, you think?





/-_-\|||grab it by the back of its neck like mama cats do when they carry their kittens it should calm down if not either bribe it with food or hold its legs together with both hands so it doesn't swat at you and put it in the carrier and shut the door really quick





and if that doesn't work just forget about even trying|||I was gonna say very carefully. But then I read the rest of your question. With my cats we kinda do a sneak attack. hide the carrier, and come up from behind.|||If you can grab the skin on the back of the cats neck that will temperarily "paralize" it. It doesn't hurt and i've even seen vets use this technique.|||borrow a dog





have cat in room with open cat basket but closed doors and windows





introduce the dog





sorted!|||Put its paws in first using your hands while holding the cat in your arms. After the paws are just push in the rest. Once the paws are in the cat has nothing to block his forced entry.|||Wait 'till she is calm, then get her. It may take a few attempts too get this done!|||try putting the carrier on its side,throw her favorite toy in it and when she runs to get it just scoop the carrier up right side and close it quickly.|||The wrapping idea sounds like a good one since she is already upset. With my cats, I was told to stand the carrier on end with the door pointing skyward. Then once you get them started in, gravity will help you.|||put its favorite toy in their and w/some treats also if u know a few days in advance youll be using the carrier get it out and let it sit somewhere the cat will get curious and wander in and out of it

No comments:

Post a Comment