Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What is a good baby sling or baby carrier for a plus sized person?

My husband and I are both bigger, and I went 'shyly' and tried on a couple at a used baby store just to get an idea, and they didn't fit properly or around my waist.





What's a good sling or baby carrier for a plus sized person?|||I have a Moby wrap and it fits my sister well (she is plus size) Moby wraps not only fit a wide range of sizes...there are also many different ways to wear it. Very versatile! I have not seen or tried the Ergo.|||Go for a SPOC (simple piece of cloth) style one rather than a structured one.


Moby wraps, Hug a bubs, sleepy wraps, and ring slings are all good for the larger person. Most even have sizing available for the TRULY rotund (and you have to be pretty hefty to need to upsize with these!)


This site has ring slings for plus sized women and their creator was NOT petite and was able to wear the smallest one she made.


http://www.sleepingbaby.net/index.php|||A wrap or an Ergo. With a wrap there is heaps of material and they can be custom made. Ergo though you can buy a waist extender so if the Ergo doesn't fit around the waist an extension strap can be added to make it longer.|||The Ergo is great! My husband is 6'5 and around 240 lbs. and he's able to use our Ergo just fine. It has an adjustable waist as well as adjustable shoulder straps, which is nice. You can also get an extension belt for it.|||The Ergo carrier has an adjustable waist. My husband uses it and he is 6'1" 210 lbs. and wears a 36/38 waist pants. I am about a foot shorter and 100 lbs. less and can use it too.|||Wraps are probably the most adjustable. I used a Didymos wrap, which comes in different lengths.|||I would try something like a ring sling or a Moby wrap. You will get a more custom fit with those type of carriers. I believe Ergo has extensions for their waist straps if you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment